Mobility is for everyone
That simple idea inspired us to design the ever-growing family of Pacers. With five Pacer gait trainer sizes, we’ve ensured that more clients – infants as young as nine months and adults up to 275 lbs – can experience the benefits of walking and gait training.
Designed for a wide range of clients with varying abilities, Pacer gait trainers are renowned for their modular design, durability, and flexibility. When appropriately supported and positioned in a Pacer, thousands of people of all ages have enjoyed independence and improved strength and confidence.
Therapeutic benefits of gait training:
- Improved cognition
- Muscle development
- Skeletal growth and increased bone density
- Social development and integration
Benefits of using the Pacer for gait training:
- Prompts and supports – such as armrests and chest support – attach anywhere along the Pacer frame’s top bar, and are easily removed when a client no longer needs them. This feature also allows the Pacer to be easily adapted to a successive client’s needs in a school or in an institution.
- Simple height adjustments in 1″ increments
- Innovative casters with swivel lock, brake, variable drag and one-way ratchet control
- Folding frame that fits easily in car trunks and through 32″ doors
- Clients can be placed in the posterior position while gait training in the Pacer. Prompts and supports can be reversed and moved along the top bar of the frame to whichever position best matches the client’s needs.
Versatile and adjustable, Pacer gait trainers are renowned for their great design and ease of use. From how easily they fold into the trunk of a car to their modular design, everything about Pacers encourage forward progress for clients so nothing stands between them and the places they want to go.