The Custom Back provides exacting support for the widest range of needs — it is the better solution for those considering traditional custom wheelchair seating and also an ideal match for the growing and active user.
The shape capture process allows the Custom Back to be made to fit virtually any size and contour. Custom Back shapes can be captured using the bead bag and vacuum system. Now you can skip the plaster step and use the RideWorks app to quickly and accurately scan a 3-D image of the shape. The Custom Back is most effective when coupled with a Ride® wheelchair cushion.
SUPPORTS INDIVIDUAL CONTOURS
- The Custom Back supports the unique contours of the user’s body to provide accurate supportive contact.
OFFERS LIGHTWEIGHT STRENGTH
- A thin profile and lightweight design have little or no impact on wheelchair seat depth, width, or performance, making the Custom Back appropriate even for active users.
AIDS IN PROTECTION AND COMFORT
- Supplementary padding and relief options improve protection and comfort at sensitive areas and also enhance the overall performance of the associated Ride® wheelchair cushion.
- The infinitely adjustable FlexLoc® mounting system allows adjustment in every axis of movement ensuring optimal balance and postural control. Height, depth, angle, and rotation can all be adjusted independently. Mounting hardware is available in fixed or quick release styles.
GROWS ALONG WITH THE USER
- The Ride Custom Back can be modified for linear growth and weight change at a fraction of the cost of a new back.
- All components can be disassembled and washed or sanitized.